Categories: solo or relay.
- Solo: male and female
- Youth (15-17 yo). Born in 2004-2006.
- Junior (18-19 yo). Born in 2002-2003.
- Under23 (20-23 yo). Born in 1998-2001.
- General (24-39 yo). Born in 1982-1997.
- Master A (40-49 yo). Born in 1972-1981.
- Master B (50-59 yo). Born in 1962-1971.
- Master C (60 years old or more). Born in 1961 or before.
- Relay: teams composed by 2, 3 or 4 competitors (born in 2006 or before).
- Male relay
- Female relay
- Mix relay
Special categories (only relay)
- Paraquadrathlon: according to different classes of paratriathlon (PTWC,PTS or PTVI) and/or paracanoe (KL or VL) of respective international federations. At least one component of the team must be correctly certified for one of the previously named classes.
- Rescue and Security forces. It includes firefighters, police, military, civil protection… and other corps and units. All components of the relay team must be correctly accredited.